FRACTIONAL LASER | SKIN RESURFACING | ABLATIVE LASER
ResurFACE Fractional Ablative Laser
The award-winning ResurFace® Fractional Er:YAG Laser delivers ablative treatments for dramatic rejuvenation results. Helping improve the appearance and smoothness of a patient’s skin, ResurFace® Medical Grade Fractional Laser delivers very similar treatments results as other, more aggressive treatments such as CO2 laser and injectable options, but with very few side effects and a much shorter downtime period.
Fractional laser skin resurfacing provides total rejuvenation to give the skin a smooth, youthful and glowing appearance and is highly recommended for individuals who want a smoother skin texture or an improvement in the appearance of stretch marks.
Best for someone who:
would like to restore a smoother, younger-looking facial, neck and décolleté profile and combat:
- Skin Texture Improvement and skin tightening
- Congested and Clogged Skin
- Treats pigmentation issues and sun damage
- Wrinkles, crow’s feet, and smoker’s lines
- Targets crepey skin of the lower eyelids
- Scarring, Acne scars, Stretch marks
- Hypertrophic and Atrophic Scars
How does it feel?
The treatment is very tolerable, almost painless, although the skin will feel ‘sunburnt’ post treatment. Ice-packs / wet gauze can be used to help alleviate any discomfort.
How does it work?
Medical Grade Ablative Resurfacing Fractional Laser produces inflammation and heat deep in the skin by depositing multiple microscopic laser beams. Heat then spreads into the dermis and stimulates our fibroblasts. This initialises a natural wound healing response by the body.
The laser used in this procedure is ablative, meaning that they deliver heat directly to the skin, and fractional meaning in small, focused columns. This makes the lasers more intense than their non-ablative counterparts.
Ablative lasers are used to encourage collagen regrowth while tightening the underlying skin, leading to a more youthful look. As skin heals itself from the wound, tissue and collagen stimulation will occur helping to improve skin texture, wrinkles, scarring, stretch marks etc.
How will I look after?
SWELLING – Swelling (oedema) of the treated area is common. This usually resolves in a few days.
REDNESS – Erythema in the treated area is common and usually lasts 24 hours on the Gentle settings and up to 3 days on Deep. Make-up can usually be applied after 1 to 2 days
BRONZING/ROUGHENED SKIN – As the microscopic debris is expelled from the skin, it will look bronzed and feel rough for 3-7 days.
PIGMENT CHANGES – Pigmentation changes are very rare and usually temporary, and can be minimised by avoiding sun exposure and using Lynton Light Protect SPF 50
How many sessions will I need?
This will depend of the quality of the skin, age, life style, diet and preexisting skin problems but Generally approximately 2-5 sessions will be required 4-6 apart.
Who can’t have this treatment?
You cannot have this treatment if you have or take the following:
- Long Covid
- Keloid formation/scars
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Roaccutane (Acne Treatment)
- Epilepsy or Advanced Diabetes
- Amiodarone (Anti-Arrhythmic)
- Communicable Diseases (HIV etc.)
- Immune/Lymph System Disorders
- St John’s Wort (Herbal Antidepressant)
- Rosacea or extensive broken capillaries
- Recently tanned Skin (less than 3 weeks)
- Gold Salt Injections or Gold Medications
- Some antibiotics and High dose Oral Steroids
- Systemic autoimmune disease Conditions (e.g. Lupus)
- Skin pigmentation problems (e.g. Melasma or Vitiligo)
- Cancer, PDT (Photodynamic therapy) or other Cancer treatment
Ablative Fractional versus fully Ablative CO2
- Short down-time
- Low risk of side effects
- More flexibility of use
- No need for any anaesthetic
- No possible infections
- Low risks of scarring
- Safer and painless treatments
- No Common PIH (Post Inflammatory Pigmentation)
- No thermal damage of surrounding tissue, leading to quick healing
How long is the treatment?
The treatment usually lasts around 20 - 30 min depending on your skin condition and complexity of the problematic areas. There will be some extra time needed (10 - 20 min) for cooling right after the treatment. A patch test and the Face to Face consultation will be booked prior to you first session.
You will not be hustled or pushed into buying anything at your first consultation. It is designed and designated to provide necessary knowledge and understanding of the treatment and the technology used to assist you in making your own decision. Children from 16 years of age can have this treatment for mild acne and acne scarring at Laserina Clinic if it is recommended by their GP.
Price Guide, per treatment:
Full Face £350
You can contact us over the Phone 01619694190 or by e-mail: email@example.com